Knowing The Top Entertainment Magazines
Photos of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt’s baby were sold to People magazine for $4.1 million recently. Yes. You read that correctly, $4.1 million. What is our fascination with celebrity? Is it the larger than life movie stars? Is it the glamorous lives they lead? How is it people can name every character from Grey’s Anatomy but come up empty when asked to name their state senators?
What Is The Best Entertainment Magazines?
It’s because we are obsessed with celebrity. We need entertainment scoop and there isn’t a shortage in finding it. The E! Network dedicates itself to nothing but entertainment. Searches result in countless pages on your inquired subject. There certainly isn’t a shortage of magazines on it either. Supermarket stands sell them. Bookstores sell them. You can also subscribe to these magazines online. Websites such as Mags For Less offer a variety of entertainment magazines to choose from.
Here is a partial list and brief description of the top selling entertainment magazine subscriptions in the U.S.:
- People Magazine – A weekly magazine focusing on celebrity and human interest stories. People Magazine is best known for its yearly special issue which names its “50 Most Beautiful People” and the “The Best and Worst Dressed” of the year. The magazine chooses to cover stories about the people who are causing the news and who are caught up in it, or deserve to be in it. Their mantra is to cover people and not issues.
- Entertainment Weekly – Entertainment Weekly’s primary concentration is on entertainment media, targeting a more general audience, particularly young people and women. The magazine features celebrities on the cover and addresses topics such as TV ratings, movie grosses, production costs, concert ticket sales, ad budgets, and in-depth articles about scheduling, producers, etc.
- Premiere – Premiere Magazine is for the people out there who REALLY love movies. The magazine covers everything you want to know about movie watching and movie making. Some of the features include interviews, profiles, and behind the scene looks at soon to be released movies.
- National Enquirer – Find out what’s going on the lives of the big starts and other Hollywood celebrities. Inquiring minds want to know. The National Enquirer prints all the gossip you can’t get from your typical newspaper.
- Star Magazine – Every week Star Magazine covers the latest celebrity news from Hollywood to Buckingham Palace. Weekly features include horoscopes, puzzles, advice, and the latest celebrity fashion trends.
- Rolling Stone – Rolling Stone is THE music magazine of music magazines. It features cutting edge music reviews, in-depth interviews, provocative photos, and award-winning features. The magazine also covers political and social examinations of the world today and how these issues affect the reader.
- Vanity Fair -Vanity Fair focuses of literature, art, fashion, politics, and personality. It’s devoted to readers who are interested in contemporary society and culture. Features include photo essays and interviews with leaders in the entertainment industry with book, film, and music reviews.
- US Weekly – Gives a revealing insider’s look at all the trends and personalities important to the entertainment
As you can see, entertainment magazines are in no shortage. From the latest scoop on Tom Cruise to a behind the scenes feature on Peter Jackson’s new movie, your appetite for celebrity can be quenched in the magazine of your choice.